From a young age, Charmaine Treherne asked the big questions, like who am I, and why am I here? This inner drive for answers fueled by the belief that ‘another world is possible’; lead Charmaine on a forty year journey through many diverse terrains of spirituality, religion, activism, and self-development work. Charmaine’s authentic drive and passion to ‘Be the change’ she wants to see in the world is grounded with depth, tenacity and practicality. It finds expression in areas such as running the successful campaign in 2008 to have genetically modified foods labelled in South Africa, to being the Director of Non Profit organisations, such as The New Economics Network, and SA Freeze Alliance on Genetic Engineering.
Charmaine is currently a coach, writer, artist, and workshop developer and facilitator. Her workshops include a wide range of genres, from personal growth to community building, to spirituality and women’s issues.
Charmaine’s workshops :
- Women who Run with the Wolves,
- The Heroine’s Journey which is a workshop for women as they go through the various stages in their lives from teenager to crone.
- Relaxing into Grace, which is about learning to find peace and ease in your life exactly as it is;
- Learning how to move forward after loss or endings in a highly acclaimed workshop called The Dance of Letting Go, and many others.
In the Community Building work you will find workshops such as
- The Work that Reconnects which is about harvesting our emotional pain for the world and turning it into power, and
- Plugging the Leaks which is an economic literacy workshop.
On a professional Level, Charmaine consults with Non Profits on matters such as fund raising.
Websites built by Charmaine:
She also develops on-line workshops like the fabulous ‘Self Love for Dummies‘, and Money and Me, and runs a number of other resource-based projects for which she created her own websites, which include:
Families of Addicts a resource portal for addiction recovery;
Codependent to Co-Creator, a website on co-dependency and its relationship to addiction;
Sixty-in-the-City, a site for conscious aging;
Self Love for Dummies, a web course on self love and learning how to appreciate yourself;
Deep Ecology SA a website on the powerful community building tool, the Work that Reconnects;
Make a Difference media a site of Charmaine’s extensive DVD library;
GMO Action Site a place where you can do something about stopping the GMO onslaught
A Bountiful Orchard: This is the site of my writing and art.
Chars Shuttle: A little site for day trips and airport shuttle service that I offered.
My Personal Blog It is here that I share my on-going journey with overcoming and transforming life in this world as I experience it. None of the entries here are opinion pieces, but rather personal experiences.
Praying Activist: This is a site where I share my recent ‘download’ of information from Spirit regarding the Court Rooms of Heaven, Seeing in the Spirit, Emotional Healing, etc.
Charmaine’s activism is largely consciousness-based now, but does include her supporting issues such as animal rights, clean energy, conscious media, food sovereignty and communication skills.
She says of herself:
‘As a former activist focusing on external solutions, I am now moving into inner activism, viz., doing the inner work needed to reveal the True Identity of human beings, as powerful creators. As the poet Rumi says, we must do the work needed to clear the blocks we have created to (being) Love. We have the inherent power to achieve truly great things and ‘move mountains’.
I believe this is the highest form of activism I can do.’
Charmaine’s Healing/Coaching Tools:
- Belief Clearing and Re-Creating, . Our beliefs create our reality. It makes sense then to overhaul our internal hard-drives and clear those beliefs that are keeping us stuck and update them with more empowering ones;
- Astrology. I do astrology charts specialising on the Life Purpose Astrology Chart which is an outstandingly insightful indicator of what your Soul has chosen to be and do in this lifetime; and
- Zen Coaching which is both a personal growth path and a coaching tool. Zen Coaching embraces Non Violent Communication, Zen Buddhism, Co-Active Coaching and Body Work.
- Emotional Healing/Healing of Memories as well as deliverance, breaking of curses, soul retrieval and other Christian-based healing which you can find details about here.
- I am also a prayer activist knowing that ultimately the real battle is in the Spirit.
Apart from Charmaine’s own rich background in personal development, spirituality and psychology spanning some forty years, she is also an intuitive. This coupled with skills acquired during her on-going spiritual development, equipped Charmaine with the insight, intuition and skills needed to do the much-needed spiritual work of Soul-clearing, spiritual possession etc.
All of these tools work in tandem with one another and provide a profound and efficient healing experience.
Here’s what a local Cape Town newspaper had to say about Charmaine in 2015:
‘With some 40 years of inner journeying behind her, Charmaine has a wide range of self-development technologies in her ‘toolbox’, ranging from psychology, astrology, shadow work, inner child work, self-esteem enhancement, More to Life training, EFT, deep ecology,and spirituality.’
‘Bringing threads of her background in self-growth and spirituality, Charmaine offers a rich, insightful wisdom into her work as a Coach, an Astrologer and as an activist.’
Charmaine’s authentic drive and passion to ‘Be the change’ she wants to see in the world is grounded with depth, tenacity and practicality. It finds expression in areas such like running the successful campaign in 2008 to have genetically modified foods labelled in South Africa. She is also an ardent campaigner for animal rights, sustainable economics and reclaiming people from an identity of consumer rather than creator. Mostly however, Charmaine is passionate about supporting people into knowing who they are as God or Essence.
For all enquiries, email me.
For my Professional Background, see my Linked In Profile here.